Saturday 27 June 2015

Night, night.

Last night I headed out into the wilds of South Northumberland to try and see Nightjar.  I arrived at the sight around 9:30pm and after putting on lots of Midge repellent I had a slow walk into the forest.  Then at 10:20pm, with quite a bit brightness still in the sky, the first Nightjars started flying around.  At one point I had two flying around over my head wing-clapping.  There was also a supporting cast of Woodcock and Tawny Owl as well as the sound of Snipe, Curlew and Golden Plover calling from the moors.  On the walk back to the car I saw another two Nightjar, making probably five or six individuals seen.   Then on the way home I came across a badger strolling down the road.  He wasn't really bothered that I was sitting in the car with him lit up in my main beam while he had a sniff around.  He then just strolled off into the long grass at the side of the road and disappeared into the darkness.  What a superb night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment