Thursday 11 February 2016

A New Beginning...Again

I have had quite a good start to the year, catching up with the long staying Long-billed Dowitcher at Cresswell, the Water Pipit at Druridge Pools, the Couse' Arctic Redpoll at Birling, the Smew at Killingworth and the Black Redstart at Tynemouth.







I have also had a couple of fails, one being the Black Scoter at Stag Rock, I only saw the dodgy Common Scoter.  I also failed to see the Penduline Tit at Saltholme, it was apparently seen for a fraction of a second when I was there, but I must have blinked and missed it.  

Over the last couple of days I have managed to see the Black-necked and Slavonian Grebes at East Chev, The Waxwing at Widdrington and I eventually caught up with the Iceland Gull at the QE2 country park, on something like my sixth visit.  And not to forget the stunning drake Goosander at Druridge Bay country park.





Not a bad start to the year, lets hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment