Friday 9 January 2015

Bright and even more Breezy

Out again this morning and I started at Horton Burn, where it was a bit surreal seeing two Little Egrets flying around a housing estate.  Also seen here was a very nice Kingfisher but it disappeared down the burn as soon as it saw me.  A quick look at West Hartford failed to produce the Great Grey Shrike, but not surprising in that wind.

My next stop was Cambios were after a few brief sightings of the Snow Bunting flock, eventually five or six did settle to feed under the wind turbine.


I then headed to Seaton Sluice where a sift through the Pink-feet flock did eventually turn up the Tundra Bean Goose.  Unfortunately this happened just after Brian Bullough had left after his third failure to find the Bean Goose.  A tip for finding this bird is to look for the most drap looking bird in the flock.  Not a bad couple of days birding, a good start to the 2015 year list.

2 comments:

  1. Gary - HNY. The burn or 'the sewer through Cramlington' as others have called it, has had up to 4 Little Egrets, 3 Kingfishers and 2 Grey Wags. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HNY to you Mr M. I did see three Egrets but not sure if one of them had doubled back on me. I didn't see any Grey Wags, but I bumped into a friend walking his dog so did more talking than looking. I wish I had a sewer like that running through my estate.

    ReplyDelete